Monday, April 23, 2007

New Heroes Tonight



Heroes is quite possibly the best executed t.v. show out there. Period. Every character is fascinating, the dialogue is well written, and the acting is top-notch. Even the special effects are of blockbuster caliber. Every week it feels like you're watching a movie. I'm looking forward to the final five episodes of this arc as much as I'm looking forward to Spider-Man 3. That's saying alot.

My Predictions:

Nathan Petrelli starts his journey on the path toward becomming a villain. If they actually go the Lex Luthor route and have him ascend into the presidency, I will be absolutely delighted. Nathan's such a complex character, both morally and situationally, that it should be more than an interesting ride.

Peter will get his scar from Sylar. Tonight. I'm expecting a full-blown fight too, they had better not dissapoint. Sylar will escape though, he's too awesome of a character to kill off at this point. The fact that these two are even fighting fills me with some sort of fanboy glee. On one hand we have Peter, a character who borrows the powers of those around him empathically, and on the other we have Sylar, someone who has to steal the abilities of others in order to augment himself.

Mohinder's going to have some sort of power.

Isaac's going to die at the hands of Sylar, much like Hiro had seen before. This doesn't suprise me, in terms of character, not powers, he's one of the more lacking on the show. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss all the Tim Sale artwork on the show if it does happen, but I have a feeling they're going to introduce a few more characters for the next season and they need to make a few cuts along the way. Also, if Sylar kills Isaac, you know what that means. Yup. A Sylar who can see and paint the future.

Claire's going to cry. Probably more than once. I just hope she doesn't turn into Lana from Smallville.

Ando's going to get laid.

No comments: